Our Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) audits focus on the implementation of GOOD Manufacturing Practices in a food handling facility. The audit criteria used are the requirements of GFSI recognised schemes, as well as South African legislation particularly Regulation R638: 2018 (Regulations pertaining to food handling premises). The focus is on two areas:
What We Do During a GMP Audit
The auditor does a facility walkabout looking at the exterior and interior of the food handling facility.
- building layout
- building location
- material used for the building
- equipment used during normal food handling processes
- environmental factors (around the facility) that could affect the food being processed.
Once non-conformances have been identified, a report proposing recommendations will be compiled in the order of importance.
Benefits of a GMP Audit
- Compliance with the Pre-requisite Requirements prior to certification.
- Meet regulatory and statutory requirements for example Municipal by-laws.
- Save costs by having experienced auditors offering advise, in the most cost effective manner, on any modifications that may be required to comply with regulations and standards.
- Ensure that the facility produces food in a safe environment.
- Minimise the chance of food contamination and food safety incidents.