A Hygiene audit (inspection) is a mini audit that focuses specifically on the cleanliness of the facility, especially the food processing and food storage areas, as well as the hygiene practices of staff. Cross contamination risks are identified and recommendations made.
ASC Consultants’ hygiene audits are interactive and informative. We encourage staff to participate where possible and they will receive valuable advice in return.
We look behind, underneath, inside, on top and anywhere we think dirt might accumulate. Hard to reach places are difficult to clean and become a breeding ground for pests and micro-organisms.
Our Hygiene audits include the following:
- Cleanliness of the facility, especially the food handling and storage areas.
- Personal hygiene practices of the staff.
- Possible presence of pests identified.
- Cleaning agents and cleaning equipment used.
- Food contact equipment swabs, hand swabs and drain swaps are regularly taken to determine the presence of Listeria monocytogenes.
- The required supporting documentation and evidence of the daily monitoring records are in place and completed correctly.
Our Recommendation: The Food Safety Awareness Course and Hygiene Audit Combo
One of our training interventions is a 4 hour Food Safety Awareness course. Combine this with a Hygiene Audit and the learners will experience the practical side of what they have learned in the classroom and you the client will receive a comprehensive hygiene audit report about you facility.
The training will take place in the morning and the audit in the afternoon. An excellent all in one package.