BRC is an international Food Safety Management Systems standard and recognized certification schemes. Companies supplying products to the United Kingdom and many European countries are required to achieve BRC certification to the Global Standard for Food Safety.
The BRC version 5 Global Standard for Packaging assist packaging manufacturers and converters to apply good manufacturing practices (GMPs) and supporting quality management systems. The standard regulates the development and manufacturing of safe packaging materials that will meet their customers’ quality requirements.
Our implementation of BRC Version 5 for Food Packaging course provides a comprehensive understanding of the standard and how to implement it effectively.
Our cost-effective food safety courses are presented by industry experts. It is fun, engaging and interactive with practical examples and activities. Delegates write an assessment at the end of the course and will receive a handout and certificate of attendance.
We are based in Port Elizabeth and service the following provinces in South Africa:
- Eastern Cape
- Western Cape
- KwaZulu-Natal (KZN)
Advanced Food Safety course
An excellent understanding of HACCP is required before attending this course. We recommend first attending our HACCP for the HACCP Team course.
Who Should Attend?
- Business owners or any person in charge of food premises
- QA managers
- QC managers
- Production managers
- HACCP Team
- Introduction to BRC and what it entails
- Overview of the BRC version 5 for Food Packaging Standard
- Purpose, value and structure of BRC version 5
- Practical application as per BRC version 5 requirements
- Food safety/HACCP plan
- Food safety culture
- Operations and management commitment
- TACCP/VACCP (food defence and food fraud)
- Environmental monitoring
- Interpretation of all clauses of the standard
After attending this course we recommend also attending our expert 2.5 (two and a half) days Internal and Supplier Auditing based on BRC course.
Excellent complementary courses to also consider:
- Food Defence and Food Fraud (1-day intermediate course)
- Root Cause Analysis (1-day intermediate course)
- Implementation of a HACCP System (3-day expert course)
You can find a list of training events for this course in our Training Calendar.
Please send us an email by completing the contact form if you are interested in this course or need more information.