ISO 22000 is a Food Safety Management System standard developed by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
The standard has requirements for Food Safety Management System processes and procedures, and requires that the organization implement prerequisite programs and HACCP.
ISO 22000 does not refer to specific requirements for prerequisite programs, but expect that an organization should identify and implement the appropriate programs. It is more flexible than FSSC 22000 and easier to implement.
Keep in mind that ISO 22000 is not a GFSI benchmarked standard. If your company is required to be certified by a GFSI standard, FSSC 22000 will be a better alternative. It is very similar to ISO 22000 but with more specific and extra requirements.
Our implementation of ISO 22000: 2018 course provides a comprehensive understanding of the standard and how to implement it effectively. The changes from the previous version to the current version will be covered in detail.
Our cost-effective food safety courses are presented by industry experts. It is fun, engaging and interactive with practical examples and activities. Delegates write an assessment at the end of the course and will receive a handout and certificate of attendance.
We are based in Port Elizabeth and service the following provinces in South Africa:
- Eastern Cape
- Western Cape
- KwaZulu-Natal (KZN)
Advanced Food Safety course
An excellent understanding of HACCP is required before attending this course. We recommend first attending our HACCP for the HACCP Team course.
Who Should Attend?
- Business owners or any person in charge of food premises
- QA managers
- QC managers
- Production managers
- HACCP Team
- An overview of Food Safety, GMPs and HACCP.
- The need for Food Safety Management systems (FSMS).
- The structure and key elements of ISO 22000: 2018.
- The key changes in the new ISO 22000: 2018 from the previous version.
- The development of documentation associated with the PRPs in relation to ISO 22000:2018.
- Interpretation of the requirements of each clause.
After attending this course we recommend also attending our expert 2.5 (two and a half) days Internal and Supplier Auditing based on ISO 22000: 2018 course.
Excellent complementary courses to also consider:
- Food Defence and Food Fraud (1-day intermediate course)
- Root Cause Analysis (1-day intermediate course)
- Implementation of a HACCP System (3-day expert course)
You can find a list of training events for this course in our Training Calendar.
Please send us an email by completing the contact form if you are interested in this course or need more information.