GlobalG.A.P. is a global certification scheme supporting producers and their buyers with the implementation of Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs) on their farms.
Our introduction course provides a background to food safety, the role of international food safety standards in general and what GlobalG.A.P. entails.
The course aims to provide a basic introduction of the GlobalG.A.P. regulations and the changes to the standard in Version 5.
Our cost-effective food safety courses are presented by industry experts. It is fun, engaging and interactive with practical examples and activities. Delegates write an assessment at the end of the course and will receive a handout and certificate of attendance.
We are based in Port Elizabeth and service the following provinces in South Africa:
- Eastern Cape
- Western Cape
- KwaZulu-Natal (KZN)
Advanced Food Safety course
Who Should Attend?
- Farmers and producers of fruit and vegetables.
- People new to the GLOBALG.A.P. standard.
- Anyone currently responsible for and managing a farm’s GLOBALG.A.P. system.
- Farm managers
- System administrators
- HACCP Team
- Background to Food Safety and GLOBALG.A.P. certification.
- An overview of the GLOBALG.A.P. Regulations.
- An overview of the certification and what it entails.
- An overview of sanctions and how they occur.
- An introduction to risk assessments.
- An overview of the changes to GLOBALG.A.P. in version 5.
- An introduction to All Farm Base (AF) Control Points (CP) & Compliance Criteria.
- An introduction to Crops Base.
- An introduction to Fruit and Vegetables Base.
- An introduction to GLOBALG.A.P. audit methodology.
This introductory course is more aimed at creating awareness of the GLOBALG.A.P. international standard and everyone is welcome to attend.
The implementation of the GLOBALG.A.P. Food Safety Management System is covered in our more advanced 3-day Implementation of GLOBALG.A.P. course (which includes this course).
Excellent complementary courses to also consider:
- Food Defence and Food Fraud (1-day intermediate course)
- Root Cause Analysis (1-day intermediate course)
You can find a list of training events for this course in our Training Calendar.
Please send us an email by completing the contact form if you are interested in this course or need more information.