ISO 22000 is a Food Safety Management System standard developed by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
The standard has requirements for Food Safety Management System processes and procedures, and requires that the organization implement prerequisite programs and HACCP.
ISO 22000 does not refer to specific requirements for prerequisite programs, but expect that an organization should identify and implement the appropriate programs. It is more flexible than FSSC 22000 and easier to implement.
Keep in mind that ISO 22000 is not a GFSI benchmarked standard. If your company is required to be certified by a GFSI standard, FSSC 22000 will be a better alternative. It is very similar to ISO 22000 but with more specific and extra requirements.
This course provides an introduction to the new requirements of the ISO 22000: 2018 standard with practical examples.
Our cost-effective food safety courses are presented by industry experts. It is fun, engaging and interactive with practical examples and activities. Delegates write an assessment at the end of the course and will receive a handout and certificate of attendance.
We are based in Port Elizabeth and service the following provinces in South Africa:
- Eastern Cape
- Western Cape
- KwaZulu-Natal (KZN)
Advanced Food Safety course
Who Should Attend?
- Business owners or any person in charge of food premises
- QA managers
- QC managers
- Production managers
- HACCP Team
- An overview of Food Safety, GMPs and HACCP.
- The need for Food Safety Management systems (FSMS).
- An introduction to the structure and key elements of ISO 22000: 2018.
- A brief overview of the key changes in the new ISO 22000: 2018 from the previous version.
- An overview of the development of documentation associated with the PRPs in relation to ISO 22000:2018.
This introductory course is more aimed at creating awareness of the ISO 22000: 2018 international standard for food safety and everyone is welcome to attend.
The implementation of the ISO 22000: 2018 Food Safety Management System is covered in our more advanced 3-day Implementation of ISO 22000: 2018 course (which includes this course).
Excellent complementary courses to also consider:
- Food Defence and Food Fraud (1-day intermediate course)
- Root Cause Analysis (1-day intermediate course)
You can find a list of training events for this course in our Training Calendar.
Please send us an email by completing the contact form if you are interested in this course or need more information.