Our advanced Food Microbiology course will provide the learner with critical insights into the most recent developments and studies in food pathogens, toxins, and microbial contaminants.
A good understanding of food microbiological contaminants is critical to ensure the safe production and distribution of food products.
Training Calendar Search Tip
Type this course’s code (FS29) in the Training Calendar search box to find all relevant upcoming training dates.
Qualified facilitators with qualifications in microbiology and a background in food microbiology and chemistry laboratories present our cost-effective food safety courses. It is fun, engaging and interactive with practical examples and activities. Delegates write an assessment at the end of the course and will receive a handout and certificate of attendance.
We are based in Port Elizabeth and service the following provinces in South Africa:
- Eastern Cape
- Western Cape
- KwaZulu-Natal (KZN)
Advanced Food Safety course
Presentation Methods and Course Duration Options
- Classroom training – 1 day
- Virtual training (real-time via Skype, Zoom or Google Meet) – 1 day
A good understanding of Food Microbiology is required before attending this course. We recommend first attending our Introduction to Food Microbiology course.
Who Should Attend?
- QA managers
- QC managers
- Production managers
- HACCP team leader
- Laboratory personnel
- Environmental health practitioners
- The significant morphological differences between bacteria, yeasts, moulds, and viruses.
- How bacteria and yeasts multiply and identifying the different phases of the bacterial growth curve.
- The main morphological types of bacteria.
- Dangerous and beneficial microorganisms in the food industry are explained.
- Determine the microbiological quality and microbial indicators of food, food safety, food preservation methods, and essential microbial groups in food.
- Learn basic skills on how microorganisms are isolated.
- Interpretation of laboratory results and the corrective actions to control the growth of a particular organism.
- Basic knowledge of microorganisms’ ecology in foods, detection, enumeration, and identification of the food industry’s common pathogens.
- ASSESSMENT – The assessment pass rate is 70% or more to qualify for a certificate.
An excellent complementary course to also consider is our 1-day Food Defence and Food Fraud course.