BRC is an international Food Safety Management Systems standard and recognised certification schemes. Companies supplying products to the United Kingdom and many European countries are required to achieve BRC certification to the Global Standard for Food Safety.
Our implementation of BRC Version 8 for Food Safety course provides a comprehensive understanding of the standard and how to implement it effectively. The changes from Version 7 to Version 8 of the standard will also be covered in detail.
Industry experts present our cost-effective food safety courses. It is fun, engaging and interactive with practical examples and activities. Delegates write an assessment at the end of the course and will receive a handout and certificate of attendance.
We are based in Port Elizabeth and service the following provinces in South Africa:
- Eastern Cape
- Western Cape
- KwaZulu-Natal (KZN)
Advanced Food Safety course
An excellent understanding of HACCP is required before attending this course. We recommend first attending our HACCP for the HACCP Team course.
Who Should Attend?
- Business owners or any person in charge of food premises
- QA managers
- QC managers
- Production managers
- HACCP Team
- Introduction to BRC and what it entails
- Overview of the BRC version 8 Global Food Safety Standard
- Purpose, value and structure of BRC version 8
- Main changes from BRC version 7 to BRC version 8
- Practical application as per BRC version 8 requirements
- Food safety/HACCP plan
- Food safety culture
- Operations and management commitment
- TACCP/VACCP (food defence and food fraud)
- Environmental monitoring
- Interpretation of clauses 3 to 9 of the standard
After attending this course, we recommend also attending our expert 2.5 (two and a half) days Internal and Supplier Auditing based on BRC course.
Excellent complementary courses to also consider: