FSSC 22000 is a Food Safety Management Systems standard which provides a framework for effectively managing food safety responsibilities for food handling enterprises. Unlike ISO 22000, FSSC 22000 is fully recognised by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) and is based on existing ISO Standards.
The standard has requirements for Food Safety Management System processes and procedures. It requires that the organisation implement prerequisite programs and HACCP.
FSSC 22000 is based on:
- ISO 22000 Food Safety Management Systems (Requirements for any organisation in the food chain) AND
- technical specifications for sector PRPs:
- for food manufactures and processors: ISO/TS 22001-1 Prerequisite programmes on food safety – Part 1: Food manufacturing OR
- for food packaging manufacturing: ISO/TS 22001-4 Prerequisite programmes on food safety – Part 4: Food packaging manufacturing.
This course provides a comprehensive understanding of the standard and how to implement it effectively in a food packaging manufacturing environment. The changes from the previous version to the current version will be covered in detail.
Industry experts present our cost-effective food safety courses. It is fun, engaging and interactive with practical examples and activities. Delegates write an assessment at the end of the course and will receive a handout and certificate of attendance.
We are based in Port Elizabeth and service the following provinces in South Africa:
- Eastern Cape
- Western Cape
- KwaZulu-Natal (KZN)
Advanced Food Safety course
An excellent understanding of HACCP is required before attending this course. We recommend first attending our HACCP for the HACCP Team course.
Who Should Attend?
- Business owners or any person in charge of food premises
- QA managers
- QC managers
- Production managers
- HACCP Team
- An overview of Food Safety, GMPs and HACCP.
- The need for Food Safety Management systems (FSMS).
- The structure and key elements of ISO 22000: 2018.
- The key changes in the new ISO 22000: 2018 from the previous version.
- The development of documentation associated with the PRPs in relation to ISO 22000:2018.
- Interpretation of the requirements of each clause.
- COURSE OUTLINE UNDER REVISION. WILL FOLLOW SOON.
After attending this course, we recommend also attending our expert 2.5 (two and a half) days Internal and Supplier Auditing based on FSSC 22000 course.
Excellent complementary courses to also consider: