ISO 22000 is a Food Safety Management System standard developed by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
The standard has requirements for Food Safety Management System processes and procedures. It requires that the organisation implement prerequisite programs and HACCP.
ISO 22000 does not refer to specific requirements for prerequisite programs but expect that an organisation should identify and implement the appropriate programs. It is more flexible than FSSC 22000 and easier to implement.
Keep in mind that ISO 22000 is not a GFSI benchmarked standard. If your company is required to be certified by a GFSI standard, FSSC 22000 will be a better alternative. It is very similar to ISO 22000 but with more specific and additional requirements.
Our implementation of ISO 22000: 2018 course provides a comprehensive understanding of the standard and how to implement it effectively. The changes from the previous version to the current version will be covered in detail.
Training Calendar Search Tip
Type this course’s code (FS20) in the Training Calendar search box to find all relevant upcoming training dates.
Industry experts present our cost-effective food safety courses. It is fun, engaging and interactive with practical examples and activities. Delegates write an assessment at the end of the course and will receive a handout and certificate of attendance.
We are based in Port Elizabeth and service the following provinces in South Africa:
- Eastern Cape
- Western Cape
- KwaZulu-Natal (KZN)
Advanced Food Safety course
Presentation Methods and Course Duration Options
- Classroom training – 4 days (3 days + 1 day practical workplace assignment)
- Virtual training (real-time via Skype, Zoom or Google Meet) – 4 days (3 days + 1 day practical workplace assignment)
An excellent understanding of HACCP is required before attending this course. We recommend first attending our HACCP for the HACCP Team course.
Who Should Attend?
- Business owners or any person in charge of food premises
- QA managers
- QC managers
- Production managers
- HACCP Team
- An overview of Food Safety, GMPs and HACCP.
- The need for Food Safety Management systems (FSMS).
- The structure and key elements of ISO 22000: 2018.
- The key changes in the new ISO 22000: 2018 from the previous version.
- The development of documentation associated with the PRPs in relation to ISO 22000:2018.
- Interpretation of the requirements of each clause.
After attending this course, we recommend also attending our expert-level Internal and Supplier Auditing based on ISO 22000: 2018 course.
Excellent complementary courses to also consider: