FSSC 22000 is a Food Safety Management Systems standard which provides a framework for effectively managing food safety responsibilities for food handling enterprises. Unlike ISO 22000, FSSC 22000 is fully recognised by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) and is based on existing ISO Standards.
The standard has requirements for Food Safety Management System processes and procedures. It requires that the organisation implement prerequisite programs and HACCP.
FSSC 22000 is based on:
- ISO 22000 Food Safety Management Systems (Requirements for any organisation in the food chain) AND
- technical specifications for sector PRPs:
- for food manufactures and processors: ISO/TS 22001-1 Prerequisite programmes on food safety – Part 1: Food manufacturing OR
- for food packaging manufacturing: ISO/TS 22001-4 Prerequisite programmes on food safety – Part 4: Food packaging manufacturing.
This course provides an introduction to the requirements of the FSSC 22000 standard with practical examples for food manufactures and processors.
Industry experts present our cost-effective food safety courses. It is fun, engaging and interactive with practical examples and activities. Delegates write an assessment at the end of the course and will receive a handout and certificate of attendance.
We are based in Port Elizabeth and service the following provinces in South Africa:
- Eastern Cape
- Western Cape
- KwaZulu-Natal (KZN)
Advanced Food Safety course
Who Should Attend?
- Business owners or any person in charge of food premises
- QA managers
- QC managers
- Production managers
- HACCP Team
- An overview of Food Safety, GMPs and HACCP.
- The need for Food Safety Management systems (FSMS).
- An introduction to the structure and key elements of ISO 22000: 2018.
- A brief overview of the key changes in the new ISO 22000: 2018 from the previous version.
- An overview of the development of documentation associated with the PRPs in relation to ISO 22000:2018.
- An overview of the PRPs as per ISO/TS 22002-1: 2009 and / or PAS 223.
- A brief interpretation of the requirements of each clause.
- An overview of the additional requirements of FSSC 22000.
- An introduction to TACCP & VACCP (Food Defence and Food Fraud).
- An introduction to GAP Analysis FSSC 22000 V4.1 to FSSC 22000 V5.
This introductory course is more aimed at creating awareness of the FSSC 22000 international standard for food safety, and everyone is welcome to attend.
The implementation of the FSSC 22000 Food Safety Management System is covered in our more advanced 3-day Implementation of FSSC 22000 for Food Safety course (which includes this course).
Excellent complementary courses to also consider: