Root Cause Analysis (RCA) is used in the food industry to help companies discover and understand the cause of specific problems. It will help you determine the missing or inadequate controls that cause the problem. After identifying the root cause of the problem, the correct controls and procedures can then be put in place to prevent it from happening again.
Root cause analysis (RCA) is a term that describes techniques, tools and a range of approaches to determine what causes a specific problem.
This course teaches the learner how to conduct a thorough root cause analysis from beginning to end using the correct tools, techniques and approach.
Training Calendar Search Tip
Type this course’s code (FS12) in the Training Calendar search box to find all relevant upcoming training dates.
Industry experts present our cost-effective food safety courses. It is fun, engaging and interactive with practical examples and activities. Delegates write an assessment at the end of the course and will receive a handout and certificate of attendance.
We are based in Port Elizabeth and service the following provinces in South Africa:
- Eastern Cape
- Western Cape
- KwaZulu-Natal (KZN)
Intermediate Food Safety course
Presentation Methods and Course Duration Options
- Classroom training – 2 days
- Virtual training (real-time via Skype, Zoom or Google Meet) – 2 days
A good understanding of HACCP is required before attending this course. We recommend first attending our HACCP for the HACCP Team course.
- Definition of Root Cause Analysis explained.
- Why a thorough Root Cause Analysis is important for food manufacturing/handling enterprises.
- Different tools to conduct a Root Cause Analysis.
- Practical application of how to conduct a Root Cause Analysis.
- Implementation of effective corrective action.
- The difference between correction and corrective action explained.
- Verification of the Root Cause Analysis and its effectiveness.
Who Should Attend?
- Business owners or any person in charge of food premises
- QA managers
- QC managers
- Production managers
- HACCP team
This is a complementary course, and after completing this course, we recommend attending any of our food safety courses as long as the minimum pre-requisite requirements are met for those courses.
You can link to our food safety training page for more information from HERE.