A Basic Overview of the GLOBALG.A.P. Chain of Custody Standard and Certification Process Course
PLEASE NOTE: This course will be presented via Zoom
This workshop provides an overview of what the GLOBALG.A.P. Chain of Custody is and the certification requirements. There will a be thorough discussion regarding who needs this certification, why the certification is important and the intention of having these certifications in place. The facilitator will also take attendees through the audit process for the Chain of Custody audit.
The course has 2 modules and a short written assessment. The learner will complete an assessment at the end of the course and receive a certificate of completion.
See the course information section below for more details.
- This course provides a brief overview of what the GLOBALG.A.P. Chain of Custody is.
- The requirements of each clause of the GLOBALG.A.P. Chain of Custody are briefly discussed and explained (with examples).
- The GLOBALG.A.P. Chain of Custody certification process is explained.
Instructor lead virtual training via Zoom.
MODULE 1: INTRODUCTION TO FOOD SAFETY AND ITS RELEVANCE TO THE AGRICULTURAL INDUSTRY
- Lesson 1: What is Food Safety and Why it is Important in Fresh Produce?
- Lesson 2: The History of Food Safety Management Systems in the agricultural industry.
MODULE : A BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE GLOBALG.A.P. CHAIN OF CUSTODY (CoC) STANDARD REQUIREMENTS
- Lesson 1: Why is CoC certification important for GlobalG.A.P.?
- Lesson 2: What are the benefits of CoC certification?
- Lesson 3: Which organisations need CoC certification?
- Lesson 4: A brief overview of the implications for affected organisations.
- Lesson 5: A brief overview of the steps required to implement the CoC requirements in your organisation.
- Lesson 6: A brief overview of the fundamental Prerequisite Programmes for the CoC.
- Lesson 7: A brief overview of the role traceability and food fraud play in the CoC.
- Lesson 8: A brief overview of the CoC certification audit process.
- Lesson 9: FAQ
- The course is compiled and instructed by highly skilled and experienced instructors who have implemented and audited Food Safety Management Systems in different organisations.
- The facilitators have been involved with the implementation of the CoC requirements since its inception.
- Delegates found competent will receive a certificate of completion.
- Delegates have the opportunity to interact and ask questions.
- Any person interested in gaining a better understanding of the new CoC Standard.
- QA / QC / Technical Managers
- Packhouse Owners / Managers
- HACCP teams / HACCP team leaders
- Agents and Brokers
- An understanding of the GLOBALG.A.P. Standard or any other food safety management system would be beneficial.